These baby hemp burgers taste better than you can imagine! Actually when I took a sample of these to my friend who is Vegetarian Chef at a Vancouver Restaurant, he loved them so much that he added them to his menu! He also helped me create this awesome Hemp Mayo that really compliments these savory slingers.
- 1 cup of cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup of cooked lentils
- 1 cup of cooked peas
- 1 egg or vegan egg replacement 2 tbsp flax seeds soaked in 2 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp Almond Meal
- 1/2 tsp of each: turmeric cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne
- 1 cup
of Sacred Superfood Organic Hemp Seeds
- 4 tbsp Vegetarian Oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands and form into patties. Fry patties on medium heat in a well oiled pan (coconut oil works great!) Then serve with your favorite side dish.
- For an extra creamy mix, blend the hemp seeds and oil into a hemp nut butter first in a magic bullet or blender, then mix all the ingredients together.
- *If you don’t have bread crumbs, take the end pieces of a loaf of bread and pulse it in a blender until it turns into a powder.
- Grill on the BBQ or pan fry in some coconut oil till golden brown on each side. Serve it alongside a fresh homemade Salad with hemp seed dressing.